Sunday, 23 February 2014

Snow Days


"A cold wind was blowing from the north, and it made the trees rustle like living things." - George R. R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

"I love snow for the same reason I love Christmas: It brings people together while time stands still. Cozy couples lazily meandered the streets and children trudged sleds and chased snowballs. No one seemed to be in a rush to experience anything other than the glory of the day, with each other, whenever and however it happened." - Rachel Cohn, Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

"Well, I know now. I know a little more how such a simple thing like a snowfall can mean to a person." - Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath

Snow days always remind me of home - of good books and hot tea and afternoons safely tucked away in bed. But, unfortunately, blizzards and midterms seem to have combined their forces this February. It's going to be a chilly couple of weeks. Stay warm out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment