Saturday, 22 February 2014

Friday Find: Bon's Off Broadway

As an intense lover of breakfast foods, graffiti and exploring, Bon's really is the place to be. It's the kind of place that, just by sitting there, makes you feel like you're a part of something bigger. The walls are plastered with images, names and words from the people who came before and the booths are full of people from all walks of life. It's a bit like a museum, really. Every inch of wall space tells a story - every late night customer has universes beneath their skin. Sometimes I need a good dose of Bon's to remind me of that.

To be honest, I've been to Bon's twice so far (with many more trips to come) and never before 6pm, but this place must be packed in the mornings. For $2.95 you get your choice of toast, eggs, bacon/ham/sausage, fried potatoes and jam. Yes, there are other things on the menu for slightly more typical restaurant prices, but when the massive neon sign outside advertises "Breakfast All Day $2.95" I tend to take direction surprisingly well.

I always leave Bon's full, happy, and intimately aware of just how good I've got it. Bon's is quirky and a little rough around the edges, but every time I walk in I feel like I am welcome. The booths are cozy, the food is hot, and there's really no place I'd rather be on a Friday night.



No comments:

Post a Comment