This time tomorrow, four weeks of summer school and Czech language and new skies will have past. I never dreamed my life could be this beautiful. Well, that's not true - I did dream. And I wished and hoped and regretted and cried about things that had never happened and, I thought, never would.
But these four weeks have been full of all sorts of realizations. The kind that come to you suddenly, in the shower after walking along the river in the sticky summer heat, or while stirring your ice coffee and watching the way a new friend's eyes crinkle at the corners as he tells a story.
I want more moments like these. More pictures. More nights when I don't want to sleep because this city and this life and this adventure are just so good that I don't want to miss a thing. But at the same time, more days when I don't feel like I'm missing out. Like whatever I do is exactly that I'm meant to do that everything will be okay.
I've done a whole lot of thinking - and a whole lot of picture-taking. Because the biggest realization of all came the other day while I was digging around in my bag for sunglasses and waiting for my tram to come:
You will only ever live this life once. You only ever get to be you.
So you'd better give it your best.
Give it your everything. Give it your nine-hour-flights and jet-lag-mornings. Give it your birthday-cake-wishes and favorite rubber boots. Jealousy and regret have no place in this life I want to live, this person I want to be.
Just some thoughts and love from one girl, far, far away from home.
I do love this city at sunset.
Just a lonely bicycle, looking for a friend.
Things I didn't think would become a common sighting: peacocks, tourists carrying ice cream, and human statues.
I will always and forever love taking the train.
Still haven't totally decided whether I love swans, or I'm terrified of them. Still, they look pretty and they like bread so I think we'll get along just fine.
My new shoes smell like lemonade and are making tracks on these old stones.
Went for coffee in a room that looks like a palace. I am always surprised and delighted by this love story we call Prague.
I'm on a strictly ice cream diet, thank you very much.
Just another sunset picture.
I'm half in love with every busker that I meet (old men with accordions included). But come on - he was cute and he smiled at me when I gave him some coins. The John Lennon wall is the place to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment