Saturday, 5 July 2014

Prague Snapshots #1

I've been in Prague for two days now. And in that time, I've collected a couple hundred pictures, a huge blister on my left heel and some major realizations: Being here, living this, the smell of sweat-and-sunscreen under the hot July sun is nothing like I imagined it. Because dreams don't come true. What lives in your head and your heart is something secret, something sweet, something too delicate to survive the outside world. But that doesn't make this whole Real Life thing anything less incredible. See exhibit A:


The welcoming committee at Prague Castle.


Oh, the windows. All the windows in this pretty little city are wearing the best summer blooms and I just can't get enough.


Changing of the guard at Prague Castle. Baby blue never looked so serious.


Just John and I at the John Lennon Wall (there was also a portrait of Yoko but no one wanted a picture with her - I got one anyways, because who really knows why the Beatles broke up?).


Everybody wants to get some of that Astronomical Clock (because, to be honest, it is really really cool).

 I needed to share because that? On the right? Best chocolate cake ever. From a posh little place called Cafe Cafe (because all the other names were taken). Ten out of ten.


The original St. Wenceslas (good guy).


Spent my Saturday morning at a market down by the river, checking out the pretty flowers.


Swimming Testing the Vltava with my toes. It was cold. And fabulous, on a hot day, but definitely cold. Next time I'll bring my flippers.


Swans, glaring at me because I don't have anything to feed them (besides my flesh, which I saw a few eyeing up earlier. They're a bloodthirsty breed).

Fingers crossed your summer is full of adventure! More pictures soon (because I take about a million every single day). Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment